A congested street required the owner to make more private parking space.
The old existing Lawn was dug out to make way for this, however the we did not want to loose the permeable ground space the lawn provided for natural rainfall, so a permeable membrane was installed and covered with a MOT type 1 material which retains excellent flow through, a loose stone chipping was added to the top for decorative purposes, a small block paved area was installed across the threshold to help prevent any movement of loose stone onto the pavement.
So… after a spell away phase 2 was started, the top area was slabbed, greenhouse and shed installed. The lower area had more drainage installed to take the roof water and main patio water, various levels of footings laid to accommodate beautiful Purbeck stone walling , this again was set off by continuing with Indian Sandstone paving . Shrub beds were created into the paved area and topped up with a quality loam 18inch’s deep for good root growth. A large pergola style arch was erected to access the garden from the main patio, some trellis work still has to be put up to screen and seclude the space once the intended planting has been done by the customer. Electrics have been installed into some of the beds ready to power the water features. A Large ouside garden room is currently being built across the main patio and the final touch will be a center area of luxury artificial grass.
Many thanks to Mick and Jane (Customers) for the hospitality during the many weeks work and for Jane’s enormous effort on deciding the relative areas that MSC LANDCAPES BUILT!!
Greeting me on Day one here was basically a neglected and very sorry looking garden… the Current and new owners ARE NOT to blame!! but very much looking forward to sorting it out. the only installment they have done was the new summer house looking rather lonely! the existing open sided Blue Gazebo was left behind from the previous occupiers , but on inspection appeared to be in good solid order so seemed a shame to destroy it, instead it was relocated to the the top left corner.
A raised shrub bed was installed first using timber sleepers with access steps, two concrete bases have been laid ready to accept a shed and a greenhouse. Drainage was required to take the garage rain water, raised vegetable planters were built and installed to combine tidiness and ease of use.
A Paving circle was laid which includes a rotary line slot, the rest has been laid to hard core for now until phase 2 starts in April which will include Purbeck stone walls and a new Patio.
An old gravel area plus a section of lawn was used to gain space to create this stunning new patio using Buff blend Indian Sandstone, a Pergola was erected to provide some shade once the customer has selected and planted some climbers to cover the top.
A Pine sleeper retaining wall was built incorporating a set back in step.
Fantastic Couple to work for and enjoyed an ‘afternoon tea in the summerhouse on occasions’ had a few giggles between us along the way making the whole job more delightfull.
An old Gravel area at the rear of the property was transformed into a clean slabbed space suitable for outside entertaining, small slabs where left out and in-filled with Quantock 20mm stone to allow the customer to plant groundcover scented plants.
My last project from November 15 to Jan 16, starting with the relevant planning permissions obtained by the Project manager. A tree surgeon came in to take out 4 trees and thick Rhododendrons, i then removed the stumps/roots to the bank area and leveled the top area, next up was a piling company who inserted the galvanized steel poles over 2 meters deep to obtain the correct loading pressure, the 6 piles are capable of taking 10 tons in weight when combined. A local steel fabrication company then built a frame and welded it to the poles, next was spreading 10 tons of type 1 stone and compacting it, some new slabs were laid to complete a hard perimeter edge. A new 4ft close board fence was erected by me with sleepers forming a retaining edge to the top of the bank.Ducting was installed for the Electricians to feed a cable through to power the new Log Cabin. A Water feature was then installed before the next specialist company came in to lay a resin/rubber surface. New work/store sheds were erected then finished off with myself erecting a 6ft close board fence to the front. The whole point of this project was to make use of a lost overgrown corner and erect a new Log Cabin giving much needed outside covered space for the children that use the Hospice, I would just like to add what a wonderful job the staff do for the children and could’nt ask for a better bunch of people to have the pleasure of being involved with.